Monday, November 15, 2010

Steelheart imminent

As I mentioned over on Chastity Forums, I have a Steelworxx Steelheart coming!
I agonized over the total length, but after going back and forth with Steelworxx, I settled on 85mm, which will be a little longer than the troublesome CB-6000s that I currently wear on and off. What finally convinced me to go shorter rather than longer was Dev's observation that you're flaccid most of the time, so why optimize for comfort when erect? It made sense, but it contradicted with Thumper's sizing of his own Steelheart (though I know he's currently thinking of a smaller tube -- the question is how much smaller) so I was/am a tad worry.

In the end I went for 85mm total length, 35mm tube diameter, both a 42 and 45mm A ring, the comfort ring on the tube, the integrated lock ... and the PA fixing. I considered the 40mm ring, but it just looked too damn small. Seeing as how I'm currently bouncing between 1 3/4" and 1 7/8" with the CB-6000s, 42mm seemed much more likely.

I'm crossing my fingers that metal will be much more comfortable. And I'm totally jumping the gun on the PA fixing, seeing that I don't have a PA yet. But now I have to get one. I keep putting it off for some stupid reason.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new device. I suspect you'll be much, much happier than you were in the polycarbonate, especially since you had the allergy problems. Keep us posted!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dev! I'm trying to temper my expectations, but it's hard. I have high hopes for this device!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made the right move going shorter. My original tube is plenty comfortable, but the idea the larger tubes are *more* comfortable is incorrect. The JB showed me that. Also, with a larger tube, it's always there. Smaller tubes/cages are comfortable the rest of the time.

    I am about to order a 70mm tube with is a little longe than my JB, but I figure I'll need the extra space for the PA ring which will also be in there.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!

    40mm A ring & 70mm total length... Dietmar must have been thinking, "A year in my device has driven him over the edge. Poor crazy, mad, bunny."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I disagree when it comes to tube length. My CB3000 is on the short side. I find that when I get morning wood, the net effect is that the a-ring gets pulled quite hard, causing a good bit of pain. The steelheart I just got is 110mm, which turns out to be somewhat longer than the CB3000 and at least so far doesn't cause the problem nearly as badly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love chastity belt too.

    ReplyDelete